Sunday, August 5, 2012 - 0 comments

A gift of love ( PART 3)



And those who pray, "Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous. ( Al-Furqaan: 74)


" Oh, so you're getting married? " my friend was delighted to hear my story. " Oh, I'm so happy for you, so, I can see that is a good news, after all, why with the unsatisfying look? my friend try to figure out what makes me so tense at that time. And I told her what is playing in my mind," It's just that...I haven't meet him, and the only thing I told my mother when she asked about my answer to the proposal is : Let me meet him."


My mother was quite shock with the answer, and said: " Are you being doubtful, it is as if you are confused, dear, is anything wrong? "


" No, its not it, I'm just being doubtful about myself, if I'm good enough for a man like him, he memorize the Quran, and he educated well, and all I want is a man that is please with me the way I am. "


" Dear, have you forgotten the doa' which I taught you long ago? " my mother smiled.


" Oh Allah, if You let me marry someone, let it be someone that whenever I looked at him, he will remind me of You, so that our marriage will bring us closer to You " I recited.


That is the reason why I like to meet him before I decide anything, I want to make sure if he is the one that I'm looking for all these years. I'm not looking for a perfect man, but I'm looking for a man that try his best to become a good one.


My friend looked at me and listen attentively, " oo, I see, so , when will you are going to meet him?"  Next week, Insya Allah, "I answered. " Do pray for me, dear"


"I will" we exchange hug and bid farewell before taking our leave. ' Oh, thanks for the treat, by the way, next time, it will be my treat!" I added.


***********************************


The day we met goes smoothly. And the answer he gave me convinced me enough. " I want to complete half of my deen", he said. And as I believe, Istikharah is not all about seeing signs in a dream, but when your heart feels calm and tranquillity, and you accept it with agreeable and ease, that is when His signs is bestowed upon us. The sign of affection and mercy.


" And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought. ( Ar-Rum: 21 ) "

************************************ 

Just after the day of our marriage, we had a short conversation;

" Why do you choose me? I asked. " I don't choose you, Allah chose you for me" he answered.

" I'm not the perfect girl you are looking for. I don't memorize the Quran like you do." I'm testing him.

And he give me this meaningful answer; " I'm not looking for a perfect girl, I'm looking for a good one. it's okay, that you don't memorize the Quran, because I'm looking for a girl that can listen to me reciting the Quran and she will look at the Quran while reciting it with me, but to memorize it is optional, I believe."

I smiled meaningfully before he added; " When I recite without looking the Quran, I get a reward, but you look and recite it with me, and you get double of the reward."

And that just makes me grin wider.

But, then, I try to test him more." What if you find something that will make you feel irritable of me? I asked him directly.

And this is his beautiful answer," I pray that Allah gives me patience in dealing with you and gives you patience in dealing with me"

Subhanallah, is there any greater gift that Allah can give to a woman when she becomes a wife than A PIOUS HUSBAND?  And I praised and thanked Him with the gift that He grant upon us. A gift of love.

Indeed, when you becomes a " Fatimah ", you will get a "Ali". Be 'her' and you'll get 'him'.

" ...good women are for good men and good men are for good women.." An-Nur: 26

" O Allah, I seek for Your Love, and the Love from those who loves You and practices that leads me to Your undeviating love, Amin" 

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger