Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 0 comments

Ar-Rayyan




I just finish my work that evening, and as soon as I came home, my 6 years old Rayyan greet me at the front door, giggling. I was a bit surprised and curious at the same time and said, "I wonder what happen today that makes Rayyan happy, hmm...." I asked myself enough to let Rayyan hears me. " I fast today! " he answered. " It was hard, but I manage to do it well, I thought of breaking my fast in the afternoon, but I remember what Dad said to me early in this morning.."

Before I get to ask about it, he gives me the answer." Dad promises to give me something if I fast a whole day today!" he said excitedly. " And did Daddy say what is it that he want to give you?" I asked out of curiosity. " No, but whatever it is, I feel good about it!"Rayyan answered.

" What makes you feel good about it? " I try to engage in a conversation with him realising that a child of his age usually shows a rapid development of mental skills and learn better ways to describe experiences and talk about their thoughts and feelings. " I do what Dad told me to do" he answered confidently. " When someone ask you to do something and you do it, you will get something good in return, right?" he continues.

" Very good, Rayyan" I compliment him. " Do you know that Allah is the One that told us to fast when He revealed the Ayah of Fasting to the believers?". 

"O you who believe, Fasting has been decreed upon you as it was decreed upon those before you hopefully you may become from among the righteous" ( Surah Al-Baqarah :183) 

Rayyan's eyes widen as he asked," Did Allah tell us what we will get in return?". I laughed before answering, " But of course! When someone ask you to do something and you do it, you will get something good in return, right?" I winked at Rayyan as he smiles. "Allah even told us what we will get in return, do you know what is it?" I inquired.

"What is it?" Rayyan asked curiously. " You'll get to enter Ar-Rayyan."

"Is it not my name?" he looks amazed. I nodded. " Yes, it is your name and also a name of a gate in a paradise, a gate for those who observe their fasting"

“In Paradise there is a gate called al-Rayyan, through which those who used to fast will enter on the Day of Resurrection, and no one but them will enter it.They will be asked‘Where are those who fast?’ They will get up, and none will enter it but them. When they have entered, it will be locked, and no one else will enter.” (al-Bukhaari, 1763; Muslim, 1947).

Just then, Rayyan said with full enthusiasm" I want to enter Ar-Rayyan because I am Rayyan! " It pleases me hearing him saying that words.

My husband comes back from work just in time before the Azan of Maghrib called. We break our fast and prayed Maghrib together along with Rayyan. And as promised, my husband gives a book as a gift to Rayyan for his efforts in fasting on that day. And guess what is the title of the book?

"Ar-Rayyan". Rayyan grins as he sees the title of the book and said," Thank you,  dad for this lovely gift, I will read it well, as much as I love Rayyan as my name, I love it as a place for those who fast "

Surprisingly, my husband asked," How well do you know about Ar-Rayyan?". As Rayyan looks at me and shares a smile and a giggle, he answered, " It is a secret, right mum? ". I laughed.


May Allah bless us in this beautiful month of Ramadhan and make us from among those people who get to enter Ar-Rayyan, Allahumma Ameen.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger